Thursday, November 29, 2007

NSCFL Camp was a blast!!!!! Though I was the only one from Taiping and to a further extent, Perak, I still enjoyed myself, made new friends, and more importantly, the presence of the Holy Spirit. I know I'm more than one week late posting this. I haven't even brought my clothes out from camp yet to iron. xD. Anyway, here's my life at STM for six days.

Day 1 (November 19)
I was stuck in the bus. The bus took a one hour break. ONE HOUR!!!!!! I slept during that one hour and I was still there!!!! What the.... Anyway, I got to finally watch Pirates Of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. I know I'm outdated but I just watched Enchanted, okay. Anyway, After 5 hours, I finally reach STM. Bathed, ate dinner, met my group, etc. The session at night was good. Uncle Earn Soo talked about how God can use anyone to do something great. After the session I went to bed because I was tired from the long journey.

Day 2 (November 20)
Second day was a busy day. Had plenary sessions and a workshop. Sieh Jin took one plenary session and Uncle Jason took another. For the workshop, Samuel took the workshop. People said he did it differently than the speaker last year but I don't know because this is actually my first time here. The workshop was like something to class every one's characteristics. Very good. And the plenary sessions were on how to make the SCF work. The theme talk was also good. This time it was on how important it is to consecrate and to be Holy. It really struck me because I'm not so sure how to explain it. Thought I was the only Form 4 here but there were many. Yay!!!

Day 3 (November 21)
The third day was interesting. As everyone could volunteered to be in the worship team, so did I. Played the piano.Not to say fanastic but everyone could worship the Lord with all their hearts.
We had to do a garden lunch. Went perfectly well despite Pandora's Box being almost opened quite a few times. Wanted to make the officers sit in the hot sun while we campers enjoy the shade but it didn't turn out :( Uncle Jason not only took the plenary session but the workshop as well. It was 'BGR"!!!! Self explanatory but a lot of funny incidence which is too long to explain came out. Theme talk was also good.

Day 4 (November 22)
Workshops again was fantastic. Sieh Jin's old schoolmate took the session. On the importance of christian teachers. We were challenged on being teachers. Another carrier option I can consider for the future. The theme talk (the last one) that night struck me the most when he said if the salt is still salty and doesn't come out of the salt shaker, what good is it. True. I mean, if you don't evangelize, what good is it?

Day 5 (November 23)
Today was fasting and praying. FASTING. Means no food. Was very good. Prayed for school and nation. And the officers had to wash our feet. And in turn wash theirs like how Jesus washed his disciples feet. After that, Break fast. Relieve, actually. Could finally eat. The 'prom' night was good. Had funny 'syok-sendiri' plays. Veryone except two groups did the same thing. American Idol - style sketch. Quite boring after a while but there were good ones like the the fake beatboxing and volume-guy. Stayed up till 1.

Day 6 (November 24)
Left early. About 10.30 a.m. Pity. Although it was the last day, didn't get to spend the remainding time with my new found buds. Oh well. Had a good time, though.

No comments: