Monday, November 19, 2007

I've been rather lazy to post but now I've decided to post on my trip to Hong Kong and Shenzhen. Yeah, I'll get back to criticizing everything another day. So, I went with my parents and two brothers and my sister via SIA. Watched quite a bunch of movies while flying namely Simpsons Movie (funny but stupid), Underdog (not so good movie) and Stardust (the best movie I watched while on the plane). Managed to catch up on the latest movies. Food was splendid as well. They had this beef and rice thing specially made from this Hong Kong restaurant. Well, here's what I can write on the aeroplane.
The Good : - Could catch up on movies.
- Great food.
The bad : - Restrooms were always occupied.
The worst: - My brother vomited during the whole journey through and fro.

We arrived at Hong Kong and stayed the night at a family friend's place. The next day, Shenzhen. Quite interesting place. A lot of cheap stuff. Especially food. Ate like anything. Windows aka. 世界窗口. Can read Chinese? After going there, now I can. The cultural village was also good. When there the whole day, just like 世界窗口. Spent too much of my energy during the morning and didn't really follow what the people were saying due to tiredness. Performances were wonderful. And it was free!!!! In Malaysia you'll usually pay RM120 for this and you'll get the back seat. At Windows Of the World, I only paid 20 yuan (RM10) for front seats xD. Boarded the underground train a lot which is known as Metro aka. 地铁. Practically used the Metro as a primary source of transportation. Shenzhen food is nice. Especially the dim sum. Bumped into a Chinese Muslim eatery. Pretty interesting as he guy made noodles on the spot. Considered pricey for China standards but for 12 yuan (RM6) a large plate of beef noodles was really worth it.
The Good: - Cheap food.
- Efficient public transport. Not like Malaysia. Malaysia, you've got a lot to learn.
The Bad : - Everything was in Chinese. Argh!!!!! Couldn't read!!!!!!
The Worst: - At times didn't get what were they saying. Their accent very different compared
to us.

After four days at Shenzhen, come Hong Kong. Nice roaming around Hong Kong Island and New Territories. Disneyland was only okay. Very kiddy like. Disneyland Anaheim beats Disneyland Hong Kong a million gazillion times. Ocean Park had an inferior impersonation of the SeaWorld performances. Didn't understand what they were saying. Everything was in Cantonese. Argh!!!
The Good: - Hong Kong Island was interesting.
- Lots of chicks. Not all pretty but the Chinese-American and American ex pats are
hot!! You heard me. Not like the Hong Kong and China ah lians/lala muis. There
were some Japanese students at Disneyland Hong Kong as well. About 1-2 of them
were cute xD.
The Bad : - Everything is expensive. The Munchy's cookies that Malaysia exports to Hong
Kong is so much more expensive than in Malaysia. About RM3-4 more expensive.
The Worst: - Everything's so small!!!!! They cram everything into little spaces. People are
forced to hang their laundry outside the balcony.
- Everythings in Chinese!!!! And they speak Cantonese!!!!! Me don't understand
Cantonese!!!!!
- Some really stressed out Hong Kongers. They'll swear at anything. Luckily I only
bumped into them once.

You can check on my photos but I uploaded them all on Facebook. DeviantArt's a bit too tedious to upload. So get your Facebook account if you want to see them. If you intend on insisting on not using Facebook, then I'll try to upload it on DeviantArt.

No comments: